Strawberry Basil chicken
· 3-4 large chicken breasts
· 3 tbsp olive oil
· 3 garlic cloves crushed
· 1/2 tsp sea salt
· 1/2 tsp pepper
· 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
· 1 cup chopped fresh basil
· 3 tbsp balsamic glaze*
1. Start by making balsamic glaze. Place about a half cup of balsamic vinegar into a small sauce pan on your lowest heat setting. Allow to cook until it starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
2. Prepare your chicken breasts: by pounding the breast to make them approximately 1 inch thick. Salt and pepper each side.
3. In a large skillet on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic, cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Add chicken to pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Toss together strawberries, basil, balsamic and 1 tbsp olive oil. Top each chicken breast with strawberry mixture, and salt and pepper to taste. Add additional balsamic glaze if needed. Serve immediately.
**Balsamic glaze is a sweeter thick syrup like version of balsamic vinegar.
Note: This recipe is from Wholesomelicious.com